WEEKLY SUMMARY 29
Cover short, supports grain market prices
News from the markets in Bulgaria
- Similar to the harvests in other Black Sea countries, the yields of winter crops in our country also report improvement, we see in the weekly analysis of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
- Thus, as of July 2, the wheat harvest in Bulgaria was completed on 39% of the areas for harvesting, as 1711 kmt were harvested with an average yield of 3.72 t / ha.
- One week ago, the average wheat yield was 3.46 t / ha. Compared to last year we have 30% lower yields and 52% more harvested areas.
- With 81% of harvested areas, the barley harvest is already nearing completion, and so far 459 kmt have been harvested with an average yield of 4.16 t / ha.
- A week ago, the average yield of barley was 4.02 t / ha. Compared to last year we have 13.5% lower yields and 20% more harvested areas.
- Strong progress for the rapeseed harvest, as after 21% of harvested areas 53 kmt were harvested with an average yield of 2.16 t / ha.
- A week ago, the average yield of rapeseed was 1.9 t / ha. Compared to last year we have 16% lower yields and 49% less harvested areas.
- With growing demand and lack of supply, grain market prices remain supported, with price increases today reported to almost everyone.
- We also see a rise in prices for the prices of the new harvests of corn and sunflower.